Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Moni's Celebrating Cuatro De Mayo Again!

Feliz Compleanos to me.   Today is my favorite day on the calendar next to Christmas and payday.  It's the day I arrived on the planet inside the borders of the great state of Texas.

Speaking of inside the borders of the Great State of Texas, this is the first one I've celebrated inside the Houston city limits since 2001.

I happen to share May 4 with more than a few famous Taurons,   Singer Oleta Adams and I are born in the same year.  Katherine and Jackie Jackson (yep of the Jackson family) , Kimora Lee Simmons, Pia Zadora, Lance Bass, Randy Travis, Nickolas Ashford (of Ashford and Simpson), Robin Cook, Audrey Hepburn, George Will, murder victim Laci Peterson, ESPN reporter Erin Andrews. and San Antonio Spurs baller George Hill.

I also share it with Singapore based activist Leona Lo.    Happy birthday, sis!

Historical peeps that were born on this day include Horace Mann , former Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak, French king Henri I and Vladimir Lenin.

And oh yeah, every few years the Kentucky Derby (or the Kentucky Oaks) happens on my birthday.   The last time it did it happened to be the first one that occurred while I was living in Da Ville in 2002, and it was a milestone birthday to boot.. 


Thanks to everyone who has (or soon will be) calling or sending me birthday greetings on my day.   Am waiting to see what a certain Canadian will come up with for her annual birthday post this year.  Know that all greetings, however I receive them are deeply appreciated.   Thanks for continuing to visit my cyberhome and my Facebook page. 

If you feel moved to pin a birthday dollar on me long distance, you can hit up my tip jar in the left margin of the blog as well.

Now where's the Blue Bell ice cream I'll need to go with the cake Mom's making me?






No comments: