Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Moni's Birthday Wishes

Since it's my birthday today, time to find a cake with candles on it and blow them out.

So what did I wish for?   

A gift certificate to Zappos.com?
A winning Powerball or Megamillions ticket?
Season 2-6 of A Different World and Living Single released on DVD?
R&B and rock music to come back to the kick ass heights it was at in the 60s, 70's and 80's/.
The 2012 reelection of President Obama?
The end of conservative political control of Texas?
A major sports championship for one of my Houston based pro teams?
Speak in front of a major trans convention?  

While those are nice to think about, the one thing I'd most like to see happen for my birthday is for trans civil rights laws with teeth to get passed at the federal level

I'll probably have better odds of seeing seasons 2-6 of A Different World released on DVD and on store shelves before that happens, but I and the trans community will continue working our asses off to make that dream a reality.

No comments: