Monday, October 29, 2012

Thinking About You Peeps In The Path Of Hurricane Sandy

Since I've spent the majority of my life living on the Gulf Coast in Texas and Louisiana, dealing with hurricanes and being prepared for them is one of the prices we pay for living in this part of the world.

I've ridden out everything from small tropical storms to nerve jangling ones such as Hurricane Betsy when I was living in New Orleans and 1983's Hurricane Alicia.

I'm not sellin' you woof tickets when I say to all my friends in the Northeast corridor that I feel your anxiety as a 900 mile wide Category 2 Hurricane Sandy inexorably comes closer to making landfall in New Jersey.   That's the worst part of it.  

All you can do is make sure you have your windows taped or boarded up, you have your hurricane supplies, and you have an emergency evacuation plan if things get serious.   And yes, for my trans family members hope you don't run into any transphobic bigotry or anti-trans hatred if you have to evacuate and seek shelter. 

So thinking about all my friends and TransGriot readers who are in the path of this storm.  I'm saying a few words of prayer for your safety .  I hope that Hurricane Sandy blows through the area as quickly as possible and causes as little damage and disruption to your lives once it does.. 

   

No comments: