Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Countdown To Texas Early Voting


October 22 can't get here fast enough for me. 

I've already made up my mind who I'm voting for.  All I'm impatiently waiting for is the opportunity to cast my ballot and I'm highly motivated to do so.

On that date I'm making a beeline for the nearest early voting center to the crib.  If any True the Vote peeps are at my particular early voting center when I arrive, warning you vanillacentric privileged oppressors now to stay the hell out of my way.

Once I get to the check in table all I will need to do thanks to Section V of the 1965 Voting Rights Act to cast my ballot is show the poll worker my yellow Texas voter registration card.   They will hand me my numbered slip after I sign the voter roll next to my name.  I'll take it, head to the nearest open electronic voting machine, punch in the code on that slip, grin, laugh and will commence to gleefully start firing Republicans for being arrogant enough to try to keep me from voting.

Yeah Texas GOP, I took it personally when you tried to pass that jacked up voter suppression law during the 2011 legislative session.

When you conservafools did that, I circled the date on the calendar for when I'd be able to pay you back for trying to frack with my ability to vote in my home state. .. 

So what if my vote isn't going to swing Texas to President Obama?   It's still needed for congressional races, state house and state senate races, the state board of education races, other state offices and judicial races. 

My vote is also required to decide the bond elections we're having here in H-town for HISD and Houston Community College, Harris County government races and Texas constitutional amendments.

I'm fired up, ready to vote, and ready to move this country, my state, and my county forward..  The Houston city elections happen next year when Mayor Annise Parker tries for her third and final two year term. 

Electoral revenge is a dish best served up cold in the voting booth and I can't wait until Monday..  . 

No comments: