Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Cristan Pwns The Chron's Lisa Falkenburg

As many of you TransGriot readers are aware of, Cristan Williams has been monitoring the ongoing Nikki Araguz trial and I've been posting her video commentaries here.

It's been vitally needed to counteract some of the negative media spin.

Stumbled across this open letter by Cristan to Houston Chronicle columnist Lisa Falkenburg, whose error filled and factually challenged piece on Nikki was picked up and quoted by the conservaslanted Sun Myung Moon (Washington) Times.

This is just a sample of what Cristan had to say to Ms. Falkenburg:

On a personal note as a transwoman, I’ve gotta say that when you flippantly wrote “… no matter how much transgender activists need her case to help their worthy cause” you pissed me off.

I didn’t “need” nor did I want this case. The fact is this case WILL impact MY civil rights and define MY legal standing. Your dismissive tone seems to say to me that I shouldn’t be really concerned for what happens to my rights. Walk a mile in my sensible shoes before being so flippant about my rights as an American citizen!

And now, for your reading pleasure, An Open Letter to Lisa Falkenberg

No comments: