Friday, April 10, 2009
Shut Up Fool! Awards-Good Friday Edition
Today is Good Friday, so like all Christians I'm taking a moment to pause during this Holy Week and enter prayerful contemplation about the events leading up to Easter Sunday.
Renee and I have another edition of our Blogtalkradio show coming at you tomorrow at a new time, 8 PM EDT. It'll feature the women of Thistle Farms.
Speaking of prayerful contemplation, it's time to pray for and pity the fools that were nominated for this week's Shut Up Fool! Award.
While there were once again a plethora of candidates such as Rush Limbaugh, the WWBT's Joke Jennifer and Liz, Faux News as a group nomination along with the GOP, the winner just outdid them all.
Glenn Beck gets it this week. I never liked him, even before his failed stint on CNN, and why the hell did they even hire him in the first place?
I also never liked his behind for calling Hurricane Katrina survivors in New Orleans "scumbags". Since he moved to Faux News, he like all conservatives since January 20, 2009 have just gone off the deep end.
Beck: "I was wrong. Our government is not marching down the road towards communism or socialism... they're marching us to a brand of non-violent fascism... towards 1984."
Glenn, your comrades in the Republican Party over the last eight years had us so uncomfortably in bed with fascism the United States under Dummya met all 14 characteristics of a fascist state.
1. Powerful and continuing expressions of nationalism. (CHECK)
2. Disdain for the importance of human rights. (CHECK)
3. Identification of enemies/scapegoats as a unifying cause. (CHECK)
4. The supremacy of the military/avid militarism. (CHECK)
5. Rampant sexism. (CHECK)
6. A controlled mass media. (CHECK)
7. Obsession with national security. (CHECK)
8. Religion and ruling elite tied together. (CHECK)
9. Power of corporations protected. (CHECK)
10. Power of labor suppressed or eliminated. (CHECK)
11. Disdain and suppression of intellectuals and the arts. (CHECK)
12. Obsession with crime and punishment. (CHECK)
13. Rampant cronyism and corruption. (CHECK)
14. Fraudulent elections. (CHECK)
Glenn Beck, shut up fool!