Friday, April 10, 2009

1,500 Posts

Another day, another milestone here at TransGriot. You're looking at post number 1,500 since I started composing posts on this blog on January 1, 2006.

After a gradual buildup over 2006 into a regular posting cycle as I tried to figure out where I wanted to take the blog, its evolved, grown by leaps and bounds and the posts have been coming fast and furiously since then. It's been a joy to see the improvement in my writing and just the look of this blog since that date.

It's allowed me to chronicle history from my humble point of view at the time. In addition to covering a wide range of subjects, the best part is TransGriot will be a record of my thoughts as the historic election of Barack Obama to the presidency was taking shape. It's also chronicling transgender history as it takes shape as well.

I've also talked about life as a transgender person from the point of view of a POC, and hope I've given you a feel for it through an African-American prism. I also hope at the same time I've done my job in edutaining you as I talk about the issues we deal with.

There's plenty more writing to come, and it's time to get busy and start working toward milestone post number 2000!

1 comment:

Syrlinus said...

Congrats! I look forward to reading the next 1,500 posts. :)