Sunday, April 12, 2009

Angel Taking Wings To The ATL

Angel McCoughtry may have been the best player on the second best team in the nation behind the unbeaten UConn Huskies, but she's number one in the hearts of the Atlanta Dream.

Despite my still simmering pissivity over the madness that led to my beloved Houston Comets not playing this summer, I took a few moments Thursday to check out the 2009 WNBA Draft. The Atlanta Dream after a 4-30 expansion season used their number one overall pick in the 2009 WNBA draft to take Angel. She averaged 23.1 points this season for the Lady Cardinals and is Louisville’s career scoring leader among women and men ballers at Da Ville..

“I feel on top of the world right now,” said McCoughtry,

“I’m on cloud nine. After I get off cloud nine, it’s time to work and get things started for Atlanta.

I enjoyed watching Angel play for the Cards. Best of luck with the Atlanta Dream.

No comments: