Friday, October 01, 2010

Happy 25th Birthday Isis!


Y'all knew I wasn't going to let today slide without saying something on my Little Sis' milestone birthday.

Today is Isis King's 25th birthday, and I wrote this in my open letter to her two years ago.

As time goes on, transition will get easier for you. Your confidence will grow as you learn who Isis is, get comfortable with your body and figure out what type of woman you want to project to the world. As you work through that ongoing process, you will eventually get to the point in which you feel as strong, sexy, beautiful and confident as the Egyptian queen you chose to name yourself after. This America's Next Top Model experience will only help speed that inevitable day along.


And two years later, Isis has survived and thrived .

She's also happily evolving into becoming the woman I predicted she would be and is constantly evolving and growing to become.

I couldn't be happier for her.   


Happy 25th birthday sis! Enjoy your milestone birthday and may you have many more.

Someday I hope to be able to give you that big hug you deserve from me in person.

No comments: