Thursday, December 02, 2010

Dear Santa Claus

Santa Claus
1 Santa Claus Lane
North Pole


Dear Santa Claus,
I know you're busy plotting and planning your overnight trip around the planet to deliver Christmas presents and wishes to all the good little children around the globe, but can I have a moment of your time since I haven't written a letter to you since elementary school?
.
There are a few things on my Christmas wish list I'd like to see under my tree like that pair of snakeskin pumps I was checking out on Zappo's website, the flat screen TV,  a pantsuit I was eyeing on the Metrostyle website, a new purse, five numbers plus a Powerball, a few more paid speaking engagements, the left wing to get off President Obama's behind, and all my closest friends to have their wildest dreams come true...

Have I been a good girl?    You've seen how my love life sucks, so yeah, I've been good for most of the year, (but don't listen to those WWBT's or the Religious Right, they never liked me anyway)

But now that I've gotten my requests out of the way, I want to get to the people that this letter is really for,  the trans community that I represent.

I know you've been monitoring the trials and tribulations of our community over the past year.   While some of us deserve the coal we're gonna get in our Christmas stockings, there are a lot of us through no fault of our own that are really struggling this year.   Some of us are no longer on the planet due to anti-trans violence, and some of us have just had an all around jacked up year.
 

So one of the things I'd like to ask for is that for the people who lost loved ones, you ease the pain of their loss.   I'd like the economy to improve so that some of my people can start working again.    I'd also like to ask for ENDA to be passed in this lame duck session so that when the economy does improve, our haters have to give us a fair shot at employment.    I would also like to see Nikki Araguz win her trans marriage case and my Canadian cousins get Bill C-389 passed .    .

I'd also like to ask for more success in the political arena for any trans candidates running for office in 2011 and 2012 and beyond, that we have no trans kids commit suicide in 2011 and in years to come, Tyjanae Moore and all wronged transpeople receive justice, and that the rad fems get a life and Christmas stockings filled with Kentucky coal.

Is there anything else?  That Black transpeople continue taking major steps toward becoming a unified community in 2011, and for all my transpeople to have a blessed and low stress holiday.

Thanks for your time, and may you, Mrs.Claus and the elves have a Merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous New Year. .


Sincerely yours,
Monica Roberts
The TransGriot

PS  Please remind Mom to make another one of her German chocolate pound cakes.



No comments: