Saturday, January 11, 2014

Goodbye, Minister Bobbie Jean

Photo
The homegoing service for our gone too soon sister Minister Bobbie Jean Baker happened in Oakland today, and I am happy to hear the reports from my West Coast peeps that the church was full and our sister got the sendoff she deserved..

I was hoping as a tribute to her the sanctuary at First Congregational Oakland UCC would be filled, and I presume a lot of othe rpeople in the Bay Area felt that way, too

I know I'm going to miss chatting with her like everyone else whose life she touched, but we are comforted in the knowledge that Heaven has gained another angel.

Rest in power, Bobbie Jean.  Know that we will continue to fight  for the liberation and the human rights of our people.   Know also that your ministerial colleagues will pick up the torch that you left behind, raise it high and carry it forward

Know that you were loved by me and every person you ever touched in our community, and we'll see you on the other side.

No comments: