Saturday, December 04, 2010

Trans Fashionista

Time to reveal some secrets about the TransGriot for those of you new to my blog.  

I love shoes, wearing and perfecting my makeup, have a wig collection that rivals Living Single's Regine Hunter's, some of my intimate apparel comes from Victoria's Secret, and I love  fashionable clothes.

Since I also spend time speaking to various groups about Trans 101 issues, I do pay attention to how I look and my femme presentation

I have several catalogs that come to the house in addition to perusing fashion websites and the malls for clothing that not only looks good on my supermodel sized frame, but works with the fashion forward professional image I strive to project to the world.

Since I grew up as a TK and was mom's chauffeur to many of the malls in town, I learned how and where to get fashion forward clothes on a budget.

Since I moved back I discovered that many of those places closed and I'm having to relearn where the new places to shop are.  The good news for me and other Houstonians is that the Harwin St district is still alive and well.

On that note, time for me get ready to hit he road.   The malls are open.  





No comments: