Sunday, December 26, 2010

Damn, Lady Tee Passes Away

Mary Christine Brockert, better known to legions of R&B fans as Teena Marie, passed away in her sleep Christmas Night at age 54.     She was found by her daughter Alia Rose at her home in Pasadena, CA early this morning.

I wrote a post about her on her March 5 birthday back in 2009.   Back in the day I loved me some Teena Marie (and still do).   The Grammy Award nominee was a 'blue eyed soul' singer with some serious pipes.  



I had more than a few songs of hers I liked and her CD's have a prominent place in my collection.   Besides her 'Fire and Desire duet with Rick James, I loved a song on one of her earlier albums called 'Behind The Groove'.

Rest in peace, Lady Tee.   Thanks for the music and memories.  As  sad as we are to see you go, Rick James is probably happy his protege and duet partner is finally joining him on the other side. 



No comments: