Thursday, October 03, 2013

2013 TransGriot NFL Predictions-Week 5

This was a good news-bad news week for me in this 2013 prognostication contest that has now hit Week 5.  The good news is I didn't have another sub-.500 week.   The bad news was I had to go 4-1 in my Week 4 afternoon and Sunday-Monday night games to go a pitiful 8-7.

Okay, I'm really getting tired of this slow start, and I'm not just talking about me in this 2013 NFL prognostication contest.    

The Texans played 3.5 quarters of football last Sunday against the Seahawks.   When I left the house to go to the Race Relations Forum they were comfortably up 20-3.   By the time I arrived at Resurrection MCC they were tied and in OT for the third game this year and subsequently lost 23-20 to go 2-2 on the year. 

There were some Texans fans (myself included) who were not too happy about the Matt Schaub fourth quarter pick six that tied the game.  It's the third consecutive game he's thrown a pick six and at 2-2 in the middle of a brutal stretch of their schedule we are concerned about our NFL ballers inside Loop 610, especially since the Bulls on Parade defense has played lights out save the Baltimore game.  

One disgruntled fan expressed himself in a beyond nekulturny way by paying $200 for a Matt Schaub jersey he subsequently burned.  

Dude, I get it you're PO'd at Schaub, but I can think of better ways to spend $200   

Schaub better step it up this Sunday night on national TV against the 49ers or else he may find himself in Week 6 on the bench looking at TJ Yates or Case Keenum in his spot.

It's now NFL Week 5 and only have fourteen games to pick because four teams are on their bye weeks.  The 1-3 Vikings and the 0-4 Steelers who played last week across The Pond, the 1-3 Redskins, and the 0-4 Buccaneers.  Speaking of stepping it up, same goes for me in this prognostication contest.  

Teams I'm picking to win this week are in underlined bold print.   Eli's and Mike's picks are here. 

Week 4 Results
TransGriot     8-7
Eli Blake        8-7
Mike Watts  10-5

2013 Season Record
TransGriot      36-27
Eli                  45-18
Mike              40-23

NFL Week 5
Bye Week: Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Washington, Tampa Bay

Thursday Night Game
Buffalo at Cleveland

Sunday Noon Games
New England at Cincinnati
Detroit at Green Bay
Seattle at Indianapolis
Baltimore at Miami
New Orleans at Chicago
Philadelphia at NY Giants
Kansas City at Tennessee
Jacksonville at St Louis

Sunday Afternoon Games
Carolina at Arizona
Denver at Dallas

Sunday Night Games
Houston at San Francisco
San Diego at Oakland

Monday Night Game

NY Jets at Atlanta

.

No comments: