Sunday, February 26, 2012

God Loves Transpeople, Too


This isn't a subject that's up for debate or discussion.  Transpeople are God's children as well and if you dispute that fact I have to openly question your faith, wonder if you're a member of the Westboro Baptist Church or follow the twisted hate-filled Republican politicized version of Conservagod.

I am loved by the Creator and part of the diverse mosaic of human life.  My faith is what has gotten me through many trying situations in my journey to womanhood and is something that I lean on to this day.  

So no, being a trans Christian is not an oxymoron because I don't believe in conservagod.    I believe in a God that commanded all of us to love thy neighbor as we love ourselves, sent Jesus to die on the cross for our sins and who loves me just as much as he loves you cispeople.   

God created transpeople, God loves transpeople, enough said. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

monica, you get at the heart of the issue. God's universal love for all whom God has made is the critical issue. I of course am an Episcopal priest. I am a trained theologian. People have been asking me to write about my perspective on God and trans-folk. I have a very clear idea about that inside my head but I need to write about it.