Saturday, January 06, 2018

Number 1- Rest In Power, Christa

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, closeup and indoor
We are just six days into this New Year, and I now have the sad duty of announcing to you the murder of our first US trans person of 2018

I was notified by my friend Jahaira DeAlto that our first trans murder of 2018 has happened in the western Massachusetts town of North Adams yesterday

Our fallen sister is 42 year old Christa Leigh Steele-Knudslien.

According to a report in the Berkshire Eagle, and reporter Haven Orecchio-Egresitz, she was found dead Friday after North Adams police responded to a 9:20 PM EST call to investigate a homicide at 107 Veazie Street.   Investigators arrived at the Veazie Street address 25 minutes later and remained at the scene throughout the evening according to the report.

It is the first homicide that has been committed in the town of North Adams since September 2013.  As to the cause of Christa's death, an autopsy will be performed Sunday in Holyoke, MA by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner to answer that question.

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, beard, closeup and indoor
The perpetrator of this crime is alleged to be Christa's 47 year old husband Mark Steele-Knudslien, who walked into the Adams police station at 9:09 PM EST to admit he killed his wife.  They subsequently notified North Adams police to check out the home.

Steele-Knudslien will be arraigned on a murder charge Monday morning in Northern Berkshire District Court and is being held without bail.  He was held overnight by the Adams Police Department before being taken to the Berkshire County Jail and House of Correction today.

On her Facebook page are several wedding photos of the couple dated April 15, 2017

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing
North Adams Police are also tight lipped about how and when Christa, who was active in the area trans community, produced the Miss Trans New England and other pageants and was well loved and known by many in the New England and national trans community, was killed. 

My contacts in the area are working on getting me that additional information ASAP and I will update this post as I receive it.

This is still a developing story, and as of yet, no word concerning if or when a memorial service will happen.   As soon as the details are passed on to me for a memorial service are confirmed  I'll let everyone know.

Rest in power and peace Christa!   Everyone who loved you will not rest until justice is served in this case. 

7 comments:

Unknown said...

R.I.P.Love ❤
😢

Unknown said...

R.I.P Love ❤
😢

Unknown said...

😢 Hi, Monica. A sad and tragic day for all of us, dear. Christa initiated the Miss Trans Northampton pageant in 2009. The first pageant was held in Northampton that September. I attended. It was not too long before she changed the pageant name to Miss Trans New England. The rest is herstory.

Rest In Peace, Sister Christa. 😢❤️🙏🏼

Unknown said...

Rest peacefully sister❤🌷🌷🌷

Unknown said...

Rest in power and may you have peace now. ❤❤

Unknown said...

I did not know you Christa , but I knew you well . I never heard your passion , yet I felt it here. I never heard you speak , but I listened to your every word . I never felt your love , yet it was all around me . We will miss you so deeply Christa . Your life touched so many . May you rest in Gods loving arms sweetheart .

planet trans said...

Monica, Thank you for letting us know about this tragedy. Truly a sad day.