Monday, January 15, 2018

Daroneshia's Dream

Image may contain: 1 person, night and closeup
Today being Dr King's birthday has many of us who have stepped up to leadership roles in our community contemplating what would MLK Jr do if he were around to lend his voice to the civil rights issue of our times in terms of trans human rights.

Daroneshia Duncan, the founding executive director of TAKE Community Services in Birmingham, AL  had an interesting trans themed take (pun intended) on Dr. King's 'I Have A Dream; speech That I wanted to share with you on this King Day.

And now, Daroneshia D. Duncan

As we celebrate the 89th birthday of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. I was inspired by his 'I
 Have A Dream" Speech. 


I have a dream that Black Trans Women will one day live in a nation where we will not be judged by our genitals, but by the content of our character. 

I have a dream that one day, Black Trans Women's lives are valued as a human being.

I have a dream that one day, Black Trans Women will bond together stronger in sisterhood.

I have a dream that one day, Black Trans Women can live oppression free.

I have a dream that one day, Black Trans Women will be given RESPECT without having to demand it.

I have a dream that one day, Black Trans Women will be accepted within our own Black community as women.

Trans at last, Trans at last,  thank God almighty BLACK TRANS WOMEN are FREE


***

Thanks, Daroneshia   

No comments: