Saturday, April 11, 2015

Moni's Going To The 2015 Houston HRC Gala


Check the date, this is NOT an April Fool's joke like this post was.

I have a long documented history as one of HRC's fiercest critics going back to 1998, but in a few hours I'll actually be going the 18th annual Houston HRC Gala.

The last time I actually was in the vicinity of an HRC Gala, I was in Washington DC outside the Walter Williams Convention Center protesting their national dinner in response to trans people getting cut out of  ENDA in 2007

This time I won't be there to protest, but observe the proceedings at the Westin Galleria ballroom.  Thanks to Bryant and Ian Barrett for the invitation to sit at their tables.   

As for who will be at the Houston HRC Gala,  HRC president Chad Griffin is supposed to be here for the proceedings as one of the special guests that start at 5:00 PM  along with my Houston homegirl Brittney Griner. 

They say they have changed, we'll see.   And getting a chance to meet my Houston homegirl Brittney Griner and hang out for a few hours with some friends in the community may make it worthwhile.

I'll at least get a post out of it.

No comments: