Monday, April 20, 2015

'50 Shades Of Me' Panel At TSU This Thursday

This Thursday April 23, I'll be taking part in a panel discussion on the Texas Southern University campus entitled 50 Shades of Me: Mental Health And The Transgender Community.

The scheduled panelists are J. Feng, Marie Angel Hernandez and  Atlantis Capri in addition to myself, and will take place starting at 6 PM.

I thank Dr. Dominique Broussard and Dr. Andrea Shelton for the invitation to participate in this panel discussion.

I'm looking forward to this panel because it has some personal significance to me.  It will be the first time ever I've done a panel on an HBCU campus, and it's apropos it happens to be on an HBCU campus in my hometown that I have deep family ties to. 

My mother, brother and sister all earned their degrees from TSU, and my late father was a play by play announcer for TSU football and basketball games in the 70's and 80's in addition to running KTSU-FM for five years as its general manager.

The panel will take place in the Leland-Jordan Public Affairs Building on the Tierwester and Cleburne St. side of the campus.   There is parking across the street from the PAC, and hope you'll join us for this upcoming discussion,

No comments: