Saturday, June 25, 2011

2011 Williams Watch-Big Sis Administers Tennis Beatdown

As I continue to remind the peeps who hate on the Williams sisters, never underestimate them when they are playing matches at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club.

Venus Williams played her third round match yesterday against Spain's Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez, and it only took her 62 minutes to cruise to a 6-0, 6-2 straight set win that finished off the player who sent Jelena Jankovic home in the first round.

Martinez Sanchez is also the woman that Little Sis had some drama with back in the 2009 French Open.  

Maybe that was on Big Sis' mind when she broke out the two liter bottle of tennis whoop azz and won the first set in only 27 minutes of work.  She definitely had her 'A' game working as one serve she uncorked on Martinez Sanchez measured at 120 mph.

She had to work a little harder in the second set, which took 35 minutes to complete, but the straight set win moves her to the fourth round and a matchup with Bulgaria's Tsvetsana Pironkova.

Pironkova shocked her and the tennis world last year when as the world ranked number 82 player knocked Venus out of the 2010 Wimbledon quarterfinals. 

"Last year, unfortunately I didn't play that well. I don't feel I competed well. Regardless of how I play, I know I'll be competing this time," Big Sis said.

"I'm ready to bring my best game and my best competition. Last year I just got unhappy with how I was playing and I let that affect my game. This year I won't let that happen."





No comments: