Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Houston Candelight Vigil For Britney and Crystal April 2

As many of you are aware, a young lesbian couple, Britney Cosby and Crystal Jackson were murdered in my hometown earlier this month by Britney's father.   Both were 24 years old and were laid to rest in separate services

There have been candlelight memorial vigils planned across the state in Austin, Corpus Christi and Dallas.
Equality Texas, the Student Feminist Organization at UH , Texas Freedom Network Student Chapter at UH, Global at UH, the UH LGBT Resource Center, and the UH Women's Resource Center
have teamed up to
sponsor Houston's candlelight vigil.

It will be held on Wednesday, April 2 at 6:30 PM in the AD Bruce Religion Center at the University of Houston main campus.  

The list of speakers is still being finalized at this time but I can reveal at this moment that I'm one of the people who has been extended an invitation to do so along with Augie Augustine. 

I will keep you peeps updated and post the finalized details for the event as I discover them and as it gets closer to the April 2 vigil date.

But what I do hope is that you'll join us at AD Bruce that evening.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My God how could This horrable hing happen? This Is 2014 Im shocked i just cant believe this Is........britneys own fathe... and its such a shame a gute young could and This Is 2014 and we GLBT People are still fighting for love for equality for the light just to love. Whats so wrong with love?

Anonymous said...

My prayers go out to the families and friends of both victims.