Saturday, September 01, 2012

Moni and Mike Are Going To NFL Prognosticate Again

Haven't written much about my fave NFL football team this preseason because I've been busy with activist stuff, but trust I have been keeping up with the happenings NFL wise for the 2012 season.

The reason I've been doing so is because Michael Watts of the Michael's Rant blog and I will be having our online NFL prognostication battle again for the 2012 NFL season.   We weren't able to get any other bloggers to step up to the plate and be willing to show the world how much they know (or don't know) about NFL football.
 
But once again it's for Lone Star bragging rights since he's from North Texas and a Arlington Cowchips fan and I'm a proud Houstonian and Texans fan. 

Hey, I grew up despising the Cowboys and everything they stood for until Bud Adams moved my beloved Oilers and they became the Tennessee Titans Traitors

And naw, I'm not gonna let it go, even though I have a better team and owner in the Texans.

Mike and I tied for bragging rights last year with identical 164-92 records when the 2011 regular season ended.  I had to do it in spectacular fashion by going 24-8 in Weeks 16 and 17 to erase a four game deficit.

So here are the ground rules for the 2012 edition of our NFL prognostication contest just in case any other bloggers want to get in on the fun even at this late hour. 

We pick the winners of that week's NFL games, no spread.  Our picks go up on a post we'll have up on our respective blogs no later than ten minutes before the kickoff time CT of the day of the first NFL game being played.  

Example- For Week 1 since the Cowboys and NY Giants are playing Wednesday at 7:30 PM CDT, the NFL Week 1 picks post for all teams playing that week has to be up no later than 7:20 PM CT.   

I'll link to Mike's NFL picks post for that week and vice versa throughout the 2012 season so you readers can compare them.  At the end of Week 17, person with best record at end of regular season will have bragging rights.

I'm determined that will be me this year.    So it's on Mike and whatever other blogger wants in on this and ain't 'scurred' to do so.  



 

No comments: