Sunday, January 01, 2012

TransGriot's NFL Picks-Week 17

Happy New Year TransGriot readers!  

This is the last weekend of the NFL regular season and the season long prognostication competition I've had with Michael Watts of the Michael's Rant blog as we picked the results of 2011 NFL games. 

It's been a fun but up and down season in which we both have had a taste of the lead during different stretches of the season.  

My biggest one was two games and I got more than a little concerned when he opened up a four game advantage on me with two weeks to go. 

I thought it was over, but I did write this comment when I made my NFL Week 16 predictions:
Upset Sunday was ugly to me last week and with only two weeks left in the regular season probably not going to catch Mr. Watts unless he collapses like his fave football team does.

That loud coughing sound you heard from the direction of the DFW area is Mr. Watts.  His Cowboys lost and I erased a four game deficit thanks to a clutch 12-4 run through my picks while he picked a great time (for me) to have an 8-8 week.  

Translation: we're tied, so it all comes down to this week's games as to who wins this inaugural competition.   

So let's get to the final week of the NFL season.   Y'all know how I roll.  Team to the left is the one I'm selecting with the home team in bold print.    Mike's picks are here.
This it it.  The bragging rights are on the line for the 2011 season.  May the best prognosticator win.

Week 16 record 12-4
TransGriot Season record 152-88

Week 17
Sunday, January 1

Noon Games

New Orleans over Carolina
San Francisco over St. Louis
Jacksonville over Indianapolis
Houston over Tennessee
Green Bay over Detroit 
Philadelphia over Washington
New England over Buffalo
Chicago over Minnesota
NY Jets over Miami 

Sunday Afternoon Games
Denver over Kansas City
Atlanta over Tampa Bay  
Seattle over Arizona
San Diego over Oakland 
Baltimore over Cincinnati
Pittsburgh over Cleveland
 
 Sunday Night Game
NY Giants over Dallas








No comments: