Thursday, September 27, 2012
The Second Annual TransGriot 'A Different World Trivia Quiz-The Answers
Here's the answers to those questions I posted Monday as promised.
1. Name the artists who sang the theme songs for 'A Different World'.
Phoebe Snow, Aretha Franklin, and Boys II Men
2.What was the name of Whitley and Kim's sorority on the show?
Alpha Delta Rho
3.What year did Kim pledge under Whitley?
4. What state was Jaleesa from?
5. What was the name of Whitley's therapist who always urged her clients to 'Relax, relate & release? (extra credit point if you can name who played her).
Dr. Langhorne and Debbie Allen played her
6.How long did Kinu and Dwayne date before their break up?
7.True or False. Colonel Taylor was chairman of the math department at Hillman
8.What were the nicknames Adele Wayne had for her husband and son Dwayne?
Woodchuck and Chipmunk
9 What was the name of the dream man Dwayne created for his radio shows leading up to Valentine's Day?
10. True or False. Before Ron O'Neal began playing Whitley's father Judge Mercer Gilbert, he played a dean in season one.
11.Who was the Gilbert Hall dorm director in Season 1?
12.Dwayne spent the summer working as an intern for Kinishewa Electronics in what Canadian cities?
Toronto and Montreal
13.What city was Lena James from?
A Philadelphia B New York C Washington DC D Baltimore
14. True or False. Whitley won the Miss Hillman title.
15.Which one of these is NOT a Hillman college dorm?
A Libbey Hall, B Gilbert Hall, C Douglass Hall, D Height Hall
16. What was the name of Ron Johnson's baby sister?
Rachel, played by Senait Ashenafi
17.True or False. A Different World was the number one rated show among African-American viewers in the 1990-91 and 1991-92 television seasons.
18. What was the name of Walter's charitable foundation that he founded?
19. Which one of these actors or actresses did NOT play a Hillman College professor on the show?
A Whoopi Goldberg B. Keenen Ivory Wayans C. Leslie Uggams D. Clifton Davis
20 What was the full name of the club that Ron and Mr. Gaines co-owned?
The Place Where The Blues Shall Be Played.
21. What was Terrence's line name when he pledged Kappa Lambda Nu under Ron?
Little Brother No Play
22. What political office was Byron Douglas running for in Virginia?
23. What historical event coincided with Whitley and Dwayne's honeymoon?
The 1992 LA riots
24 In addition to his son Terrence, Colonel Taylor had another child who attended Hillman. Who was she?.
His daughter Suzanne
25 What was Adele Wayne's favorite dessert she loved to cook for Dwayne?
Now that you've taken the test, how did you do?
0-5 Hillman freshman
6-10 Hillman sophomore
11-14 Hillman junior
15-18 Hillman senior
19-21 Hillman BA
22-23 Hillman Masters
24-25 Hillman PhD