Sunday, May 04, 2014

Uniguest Blocks GLAAD Award Nominated Black Trans Blog

One of the things I was NOT a happy birthday camper about during my just completed trip to Dallas for BTAC 2014 was having another negative encounter with Nashville based Uniguest, the company that provides computer blocking software for many hotel chains.

Once again I ran into the problem of when I entered the Doubletree's business center Saturday to attempt to use their computers to get access to my blog, it kept kicking me off.  Black Transmen, Inc also had a similar problem accessing their website.

This isn't the first time I've had this problem.   It happened to me during last year's BTAC event and during the 2012 Netroots Nation.   Their excuse the last time was that my blog contained the words 'white supremacy' in it.

Yep, it sure does.   But if your obtuse behinds had taken the opportunity to read those posts in question, they were yours truly putting white supremacy on blast. 

Then again, maybe that's why you blocked it so nobody would read them.

One thing I do know is I'm beyond getting sick and tired of when I go to a hotel business center on my road trips and conferences around this country, need to access TransGriot for the purposes of printing something or just feel like using the hotel computers instead of my laptop to compose a post, I get ACCESS DENIED. 

I'm also not happy that I couldn't get anyone on your help desk number to complain about it and attempt to expeditiously fix the problem, which is why you're getting called out on my blog.  . 

Uniguest, I understand there are some problematic blogs out there.  But if your blocking software can't tell the difference between those problematic sites, a GLAAD Award nominated trans blog and a website for a Black trans advocacy organization, then your software has some issues. 

So fix the problem, Uniguest
  

No comments: