Monday, May 03, 2010

It's Moni's Birthday Today!

Today is Cuatro de Mayo, my favorite day on the calendar. All of you who I'm blessed to have in my life as my friends should love it, too.

Today is the day back during the Kennedy administration that this phenomenal Tauron took her first breaths of air on this planet and claimed my status as a proud Houstonian and Texan.

As you can tell I'm beyond ready for Season 1.5 of Caprica to get started.

Of course, as you loyal TransGriot readers are aware of it took me a few more decades to become the fabulous sistah I would eventually evolve into.

But better late for Moni than never.

This birthday is a little different. Besides getting a year older, I'm in the midst of some changes in my life. After eight years in Louisville, I'm headed back home.

It's been an emotional last few days, and it has surprised me. I'm leaving one set of friends, a church family at Edenside and created family to go back to where my blood family and other created family members are.

But as I close this chapter in my life, leave my homegirl Dawn and roll south with Polar who's taking some vacation time to help me move, I'm looking forward to starting another one.

I also have some unfinished business to deal with as well.

In hindsight, I needed the time away from the Lone Star State and the Gulf Coast. I needed to experience living in a different section of the country.

While I haven't been happy about some aspects of my life as a Texan in exile, when I look at the sum total of everything I experienced here good, bad and indifferent, there were a lot of positive things that happened while I was up here.

I've grown a little in my time away from the Lone Star State. I'm still continuing forward on an evolutionary path that leaves me today somewhat happy about where I am on my feminine journey, but always striving for improvement.

And yes, I'm approaching another milestone birthday in 2012.

But I'm at the point in my life in which EVERY birthday I'm standing 189 centimeters above ground for is a good one.

That's six feet two inches for the metrically challenged.

Happy birthday to Moni. I hope I'll be blessed enough by God to celebrate a few more decades worth of them before I;m done.

2 comments:

Nem said...

Happy birthday! I hope you have a great day full of people you love.

Gina said...

Have a wonderful birthday Monica and, more importantly, hope all goes well with your move back the land of your birth! It sounds like the right move for this time in your life. :-)