Monday, July 07, 2008

EBONY Magazine's 25 Coolest Brothers of All Time


While on a Blue Bell ice cream run I happened to see at the checkout counter the August 2008 issue of EBONY magazine. The EBONY editors decided to do a story identifying the 25 coolest brothers of all time (and no, Morris Day didn't make the list).

The copy I bought has Prince on the cover. There are seven other collectors editions of this issue of the magazine that feature Muhammad Ali, Marvin Gaye, Samuel L. Jackson, Jay Z, Denzel Washington, Billy Dee Williams and the potential next president of the United States on the cover.

So since I spilled a few of the names that EBONY finally came up with, here's the full list.


Barack Obama
Don Cheadle
Billy Dee Williams
Sidney Poitier
Quincy Jones

Lenny Kravitz
Jimi Hendrix
Richard Roundtree
Denzel Washington
Sammy Davis, Jr.

Bob Marley
Ed Bradley
Tupac Shakur
Adam Clayton Powell, Jr.
Gordon Parks

Muhammad Ali
Miles Davis
Walt Frazier
Shawn 'Jay-Z' Carter
Samuel L. Jackson

Malcolm X
Snoop Dogg
Prince
Michael Jordan
Marvin Gaye

7 comments:

Chris Johnson said...

Oooh! I have the one with Billy Dee on the cover on my desk, and it eats me ALIVE! I want the one with Prince on the cover too! Did you see him looking legendary at the Grammys?!!

Monica Roberts said...

Prince is just too damn cool.

I am surprised that Morris Day didn't make the list, but I don't have any argumets with the people they came up with.

StraightGangsterism.com said...

hmmm, Martin Luther King Jr. didn't make the list??

Trill 'Til Infinity said...

woooow, James Brown isn't on this list?????????

Unknown said...

Two words, Barry White?

Eboni T-Girl said...

I defiently see Miles Davis as the coolest of all time. He was infact the "Birth of the cool", and a huge lady's man.

Miles was the definition of cool.

Sexy I feel is another whole diferent category all together. Alot of people mix the too.

But my vote goes to Miles Davis.

Colin Morgan Dennis said...

What about Sly Stone, the connoisseur of cool. What's going on here?