Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year And Happy Anniversary TransGriot Blog!


Goodbye 2008...Hello 2009!

Happy New Year to all you loyal TransGriot readers! Today also happens to be the fourth anniversary of the founding of this blog and boy how my baby has grown.

I started it on January 1, 2006 as simply a real-time way to comment on breaking news I couldn't do as a former GLBT alternative newspaper monthly columnist, and now it's considered a must read blog.

As you noticed I have over 1200 posts here on various subjects since January 1 and I've made it easier for you to access some of the TransGriot Golden Oldies with the new search feature. You can thank Renee at Womanist Musings for the gentle hints that I do so.

I'm also pleased to see the growth in this blog and my writing from the time I started back in 2006 to now. TransGriot became an AfroSpear blog in July and its also been a blessing to have the Black Blog Rankings as a measuring tool to chart the growth and progress of this and all Black blogs as well.

BBR Top 25 here I come!

I've also enjoyed getting to know some of my blogging colleagues thanks to some wonderful substantive real time conversations I've been able to have with various bloggers over the year. I hope I'll be blessed with the opportunity to attend the second annual Blogging While Brown Conference in Chicago this summer.

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to read TransGriot. For you lurkers, come on in, pull up a chair and join the family. I also don't mind if you drop me an e-mail every now and then or comment in the posts. I realize that your Internet browsing time is valuable, so thanks for perusing the posts and sometimes even commenting on them. I deeply appreciate it.

And for my biosisters, one of my resolutions and goals for this year is to do my part to ensure that we end 2009 with a better understanding of each other.

I want to understand your issues and concerns while at the same time I and my transsisters give you the 411 about ours. What I'd like to see as a result of this is not only intelligent discussions as a result of these conversations, but we create the conditions in which transwomen and biowomen do more in this historic year to have each others backs.

If you have any questions about something I've raised on the blog or just one that fits into the Trans 101 category, just e-mail me.

Even though we are starting Day One of a brand new year, one thing that will not change is my ongoing mission to provide thoughtful commentary on various issues inside and outside the transgender community and across the Diaspora, and do it from the perspective of a proud African-American transwoman.

Oh yeah, only 19 more days until the Obama inauguration!

7 comments:

|Queer Rose said...

Happy New Year and Happy Anniversary Monica! I really enjoy reading your blog, so I've stopped lurking! QRx

Dale said...

You've added a search feature? That Renee is full of good ideas! Now we can check out the full goodness of your site, by reading your back articles.

This makes for a happy new year indeed. :)

AJ Plaid said...

Congrats on making it for 4 years, Monica, and Happy 2009

Monica Roberts said...

Queer Rose
Thanks and welcome.

Hope to see some commentary from you in the coming year.

Dale,
It was a great idea. Every now and then I have to refer back to something I wrote in 2006, or I'm double checking to make sure that I'm looking at another angle in an issue I may have previously covered.

And it's been fun getting to know Renee as well.

AJPlaid
Thanks and it gets more interesting and fun every year.

eileen said...

Happy New Year and Happy Anniversary!!!

VĂ©ro B said...

Congratulations, Monica! You've created a wonderful blog here. If you started it in 2006, though, that makes this the third anniversary, the start of your fourth year. Just to quibble. :)

Megan said...

Congratulations and happy new year!!!!!