Monday, February 04, 2013
The 3rd Annual TransGriot African-American Trans History Quiz
I'll give y'all a few days to ponder them before the quiz answers are posted at midnight Central time Thursday..
1. Kylar Broadus and Dr Marisa Richmond were two of the 13 delegates to this event that took place in Charlotte last summer. Name the event.
2. This Chicago activist wrote a one act play, organized a trans pride event and considers herself an 'artivist' Who is she?
3. This IFGE Trinity Award winner was appointed to this position in Washington DC. Name the position.
4. True or False. Janet Mock was invited to attend an LGBT reception at the Vice President's residence.
5. The TransGriot was one of the participants in a historic event at last year's Netroots Nation. What was it?
6. At last year's NBJC OUT on the Hill their first ever trans town hall was conducted. Who were the four participants in the town hall and who was the moderator of it?
7. Rapper Katey Red made a cameo appearance on this HBO television show. Name it.
8. According to a 1966 Sepia magazine article, who is considered the 'First Negro Sex Change"?
A. Avon Wilson C. Delisa Newton
B. Carlett Brown D. Carole Small
9. True or False. Valerie Spencer was part of the first all trans production of The Vagina Monologues in 2004.
10. Dee Dee Chamblee runs an organization called LaGender in this southern US city. Name it.
11. True or False. Pioneering transman Alexander John Goodrum is from San Francisco.
12. Which one of these companies did Tracy Africa Norman NOT have a modeling campaign contract with during her heyday?
A. Clairol C. Ultra Sheen
B. Avon Cosmetics D. Newport cigarettes
13. True or False Kortney Ryan Ziegler produced a 2008 film called 'Still Black: A Portrait Of Black Transmen
14. Trans woman Georgia Black, whose story was chronicled in a 1951 EBONY article, lived in which Florida town?
A Sanford C. Quincy
B Kissimmee D. Tallahassee
15. Who said this in a 1954 EBONY magazine article?. "I ain't done nothing wrong and I ain't beaking no laws"
16. In what year did Althea Garrison win her race for the Massachusetts state legislature?
17. KK Logan took what Indiana city's school board to court for barring her from attending her 2006 high school prom in femme attire?
A. Ft Wayne C. Indianapolis
B. Gary D. Evansville
18. True or False. The police investigation into the death of Stonewall veteran Marsha P. Johnson was reopened.
19. This trans woman is the author of the novels The Other Women: A Story Of Three Transsexuals, The Lie, Sex And the Single Transsexual, and Shattered Dreams: An African American Family Story. Name her.
20. T Desiree Hines is someone we just lost to cancer. What instrument did this talented musician play?
21. Titica is a girl like us who is a rising music star in her nation's fusion of techno and rap called kuduro. What nation is she from?
22. What transperson said this line? 'We transwomen aren't taking any crap anymore from cis people who seem to think we exist to be a punchline for a joke or to bully to make themselves feel more secure in their own gender identities and sexual orientation.'
23 True or False: FTM International has had an African-American trans man run it.
24. Trans actress Ajita Wilson accomplished this feat in August 1981? What was it?
25. An African-American trans woman and transman were two of the people photographed for a groundbreaking anti-trans discrimination poster campaign in this city. Name the city.