Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Representing Trans* Symposium In Chicago Soon

This one was in the works before all the unexpected drama started popping up in my life, but I'm still going  to be there.

The there is the Representing Trans* Symposium in Chicago at the Gray Center for Arts and Inquiry on the University of Chicago campus November 8.

So yes people, that means I'll be coming to the Windy City, and when I arrive I'll have destroying a Giordano's deep dish pizza on my mind.  Something else I'll have on my mind is seeing as many of you wonderful folks in the Chicagoland area as possible

The symposium starts at 1:30 PM CST with a 'Sociological Approaches to Trans Representation' Panel  moderated by Dr. Kristen Schilt of the University of Chicago.

The panelists will be Vivian Namaste,  Tey Meadow, and Salvador Ortiz-Cruz.

Then it will move to the panel I'm a part of that will start at 3:30 PM, entitled ''Artistic and Activist Approaches To Trans Representation.'  moderated by Chase Joynt..
.
The panelists will be Amos Mac, Tiq Milan, Jen Richards, and Ariel Schrag and should be a fascinating discussion that is scheduled to run until 5:00 PM..

Both of those panels will take place in the Gray Center Lab Midway Studios, and the address is 929 E 60th St.

Then at 6:30 PM we move the symposium action to the Logan Center For the Arts and an Evening with Kate Bornstein.  

If you are in the Chicagoland area and wish to attend  Logan Center is located at 915 E. 60th St.

I hope to see you peeps there.

No comments: