Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2008 Weblog Awards Finalist!

The 2008 Weblog Awards


Hey TransGriot readers, just wanted to let you know that I did get my Christmas wish this year. This blog is one of the ten finalists for 2008 Best LGBT Blog!

Here's my esteemed competition:

Joe.My.God.
Towleroad
The Bilerico Project
Pam's House Blend
Susie Bright's Journal
Tammy Bruce
This Girl Called Automatic Win
Gay Patriot
Blabbeando

To be part of this list is a huge honor. Pam's House Blend won it two years in a row (2005-2006) and was a finalist last year. Joe.My.God. was the 2007 winner. The Bilerico Project is a finalist for the second year in a row.

Congratulations to Lisa at Black Women, Blow The Trumpet, who is a finalist in the Best Small Blog Category

There were over 5000 nominations submitted this year, and over 290 in the Best LGBT blog category. I submitted a nomination for the award last year but didn't make the final cut.

So yeah, I'm deliriously happy right now. I've got some tough competition, with the voting starting on January 5 and running through January 12.

Here are the rest of the finalists in the various categories, and good luck to 'errbody' when the voting starts.

But that 'Best 2008 GLBT blog winner' button would sure look good on TransGriot!

10 comments:

LISA VAZQUEZ said...

Hi Monica!!

I didn't know you were a finalist!!

YAAAAY!

Congratulations!!

I am so excited! I started my blog in March so I thought it was too "new" to be seriously in the running!!

The voting starts in a week!!

Best wishes to you! I am very proud of you!

Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
Lisa

PinayTG said...

Congrats sis! I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed that you win. You deserve it! Happy new year soon! *HUGS*

Monica Roberts said...

Lisa
I know you are! You deserve it.
Congrats and hope you win as well


PinayTG
You can do more than just cross your fingers, you can actually vote online once it starts January 5

Unknown said...

While I have to admit, I don't like having to go up against some of our contributors for the award, I couldn't be happy that the two contribs that made the cut are you and Pam. A black woman - and a black transwoman! Other folks than us actually care about diversity too!

That alone is a huge step forward. I don't think any trans blogs were nominated last year at all!

eileen said...

CONGRATS!!! :-)

SjP said...

Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!

When the voting starts in January, will I be able to vote for your spot Chicago-style? Vote and vote as many times as is necessary to make sure your candidate wins! LOL

Monica Roberts said...

I'll get more details about how the process works tomorrow.

But you'll have until January 5 to get ready (January 6 for you, Pinay TG and everybody else on the western side of the International Date Line)

PinayTG said...

Oh I definitely will vote for you Monica. No doubt about that! :) I'm so happy for you!

Renee said...

Huge Congrats sis..you know I am going to vote for you as many times as they'll let me ;)

Monica Roberts said...

As soon as the details come out about how to vote, I'll pass those on.