Thursday, July 31, 2014

NABJ Trans Panel Discussion Today

The convention kicked off while I was enroute to Boston with an opening address from Gov. Deval Patrick,  but my participating in it starts today. 

What I flew from the Lone Star State for is an #NABJ14 panel
discussion entitled Transforming Media: Fairly and Accurately Reporting On Black Trans Americans

I get to share the Hynes Convention Center stage with Kellee Terrell and Kenyon Farrow of this Tiq Milan moderated panel that kicks off at 2:15 PM EDT in Hynes 310.   You can follow the discussion at #NABJTRANSFORM.

 I'm beyond excited to make a personal dream come true thanks to GLAAD in attending the NABJ.  Then again, that's been happening a lot for me this year.   I'm also honored that I was invited to be part of this panel.  I appreciate getting another chance to represent our community and be able to authoritatively talk about media coverage of Black transpeople with this group of distinguished journalists who share my ethnic background.


There will probably be some fangirl moments for me as I walk the halls of the Hynes Convention Center and run into some of my fave African descended journalists.

You can also follow the  rest of today's scheduled conference action at #NABJ14

No comments: