Friday, August 01, 2014

Heading Back Home From Boston To H-town


Photo: Our panel on trans people and the Black media at the National Black Journalism Conference was awesome and our panelists Monica Roberts Kellee Terrell Kenyon Farrow were brilliant. We are really on the verge of shifting this narrative that Black people are inherently more transphobic or homophobic. The journalist we we encountered today were eager to learn and wanted to be better. So blessed to be a part of the change. 
 And thank you  Jonathan B. Adams for all your hard work in putting this together.
I've had a wonderful time here on my first trip to Boston for the NABJ convention, and the best part it is has been 15 degrees cooler than my home sweet humidity I love so well.


I'm in bed as you read this, and I get to write the words my fellow Houstonians love to see when the Air Marshal takes flight from the Lone Star State and I leave Harris County:  

I'm headed back home.

Lodging in Downtown Boston.I have to get up early to catch my train and my 9:05 AM flight out of Logan back to H-town.  I was fortunate enough on the leg up here to get a non-stop that got here early, but no such luck on the return.  I will have to connect through MDW to get back home to HOU.   

That's airline codespeak for Chicago-Midway and Houston-Hobby airports.

I'll have a 1.5 hour layover in MDW, and if my laptop decides to recognize a WiFi connection along the way, will try to Tweet or comment about stuff on the return trip back.   Otherwise I'll just do it the old fashioned way and take notes for the recap post later.   

No comments: