Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Moni's Heading To The NABJ Convention!

This time next week I'll be headed to Boston for the 39th annual edition of the National Assn of Black Journalists Convention that is being held at the John B. Hynes Veterans Memorial Convention Center. 

I'll be there to take part in a GLAAD organized panel discussion that has me in some pretty distinguished company in Kenyon Farrow and  Kellee Terrell. Tiq Milan will be moderating it.

The panel will be a timely one in terms of discussing violence against Black trans women and the media responses to it.

Sometimes the reporters I've had to call out on these TransGriot electronic pages concerning the most egregious examples of disrespectful reporting of our fallen transsisters have been my own people.

But I'm so looking forward to this panel and being in the NABJ convention house.  I've always wanted to attend this conference and the stars and my schedule finally aligned so I would have the opportunity to do so.

I've been to Western Mass twice as you longtime readers are aware of and was 90 miles away from it in Providence in 2012 for that historic Netroots Nation panel.   This will be my first time ever in Boston, and I'm excited about it.

And this time it didn't take me four years to return to Massachusetts.. 

I'm also excited that after more than a few years of being acquainted with her via Facebook, I'll finally get to meet Kellee Terrell and see Kenyon Farrow again.   Hopefully I'll also get to see L'lerret on her home turf.

And if I have time, as a history buff who loves visiting presidential libraries, would sure love to go to the JFK Presidential Library there.

And oh yeah, hashtag for the conference for those of you wishing to follow along on Twitter on the July 31 date of our panel is #NABJ14

See y'all next week, Beantown

No comments: