Sunday, July 21, 2013

Rest In Peace, Michelle C. Myers

Was saddened to learn yesterday of the passing in her sleep of another one of our trailblazing leaders on June 17 in Michelle Claire Myers.   She was president of TATS for several years in the late 90's when she lived here in Houston and I was on the board of the organization, and I had much love and respect for this kind woman who was missed in H-town when she moved to San Antonio.

She was a retired chemical engineer who spoke three languages, knew several computer languages and served on the boards of several organizations in San Antonio.   She had some health challenges recently prior to her death.

Her memorial service was held June 22 and I wish I'd known about it so I could have paid my respects to her well lived life and posted about Ms. Myers at that time. 

Better late than never.   

Michelle was a beloved figure in San Antonio and also on our end of I-10 who mentored, guided and advised many people who were embarking on this gender journey with wise counsel that she role modeled every day.

She will be missed by all who knew and loved her.  Rest in power and peace, Michelle.  


No comments: