Wednesday, July 03, 2013

B. Scott Ain't Accepting BET's 'Apology'

B_ScottBET thought they had quelled the growing blacklash (pun intended) over their homophobic dissing of B Scott at Sunday's BET Awards with their apology to the multimedia maven.

But in an interview he conducted yesterday, B. Scott made it clear what he thought about BET's apology and asserted he made it crystal clear to the network how he planned to look on air. 
“I want a real apology from BET. This was a not a mutual misunderstanding or miscommunication. I pride myself on being very professional,” he said.
Scott has made past appearances on the network wearing feminine attire and was supposed to appear during the pre-show BET Awards red carpet activities as the sole host commenting on fashion.  

But when he showed up, he was physically yanked off the carpet and told that he had to dress more conservatively, and was later paired with singer-actress Adrienne Bailon.
“This was my day to come out in one of the biggest days of my career and I was publically humiliated,” Scott said. “I’m just hurt by it. I just want people to know that it’s ok to be who you are.”

I agree with my trans elder Cheryl Courtney-Evans and what she had to additionally say about this crap at her Abitchforjustice blog.
HOW does one "miscommunicate" the words, "GET OFF THAT MAKEUP, HIGH HEELS, PUT ON A SUIT AND COMB BACK THAT HAIR!!" ??? Get the fuck out of here with that shit...that "miscommunicate" is what con artists use when they get caught out in a lie and they want to try and explain it away ("Oh, there was a 'miscommunication', dear."... yeah, riiight)..."BET embraces diversity..."??? Okay, prove how much you do; show how you eschew mistreating folks of diverse lives...FIRE THE HOMOPHOBIC PRODUCERS!
Still, Scott said he had some supporters at the network and believes the mandate to change came from a single executive. He also said he could see working with the network again “if I knew for sure that they wanted me to be there and I could express myself how I normally express myself and my brand.”

And with the PR beating BET is taking on this issue, y'all better give B. Smith that real apology he's seeking  ASAFP

No comments: