Wednesday, July 03, 2013

2013 Shut Up Fool Of The Year Midyear Review

On January 30, 2009 I began what has turned out to be one of the more popular features on TransGriot in my weekly Shut Up Fool Awards.  

Every Friday I shine a bright spotlight on the fool, fool or group of fools who have exhibited mindbending stupidity and ignorance, naked hypocrisy, or say or do something so WTF worthy I just have to call them out on it.

Juan Williams of Fox Noise was our inaugural winner of that first award back in 2009.

Mr T is our smiling inspiration and mascot for the Shut Up Fool Awards, and because they were so wildly popular with my readers it grew into a Shut Up Fool of the Year award that I also started in 2009 and pass out every New Year's Eve.

On December 31 I honor the person, persons or group who had a year's worth of those WTF moments like 2012 winner Mitt Romney.    The previous winners were then RNC chair Michael Steele in 2009,  Sarah Palin in 2010 and in 2011 Herman Cain snagged the honor over some stiff competition.   

That led to starting during Oscar Week 2010 the Shut Up Fool Lifetime Achievement Awards in which I initially honored one person (Rush Limbaugh) and took them out of consideration for the weekly Shut Up Fool award unless they say something so breathtakingly stupid I have to call them out on it like I did with Uncle Ruckus Thomas last week or when Michele Bachmann ran for the GOP presidential nomination in 2012.

I expanded that to five people the very next year and these were the 2013 winners.  

I'm mulling a suggestion from several readers that I do a Shut Up Fool of the Month that I would start January 2014, the fifth anniversary of my first SUF weekly award winner.

Since July 2 was Day 183 of this year, it means we're past the halfway point of 2013.  It's time to start doing some hard solid thinking about who is in the running for this year's 2013 Shut Up Fool of the Year Award. 

So far we have three people who have distinguished themselves as worthy of this award, and sadly two of them are from my home state.

The runaway leader so far is  Rep. Louie Gohmert (Teabagger-TX) who represents the unfortunate reality based people in the Tyler and Longview, TX area.

Gov Rick Perry (Teabagger-TX) AKA Governor Goodhair is coming on strong along with Virginia Lt Governor candidate and cookie chomping sellout Rev. EW Jackson.

Who will eventually win the 2013 Shut Up Fool of the Year?  Check back with me on December 31.  

No comments: