Friday, March 13, 2015

Air Marshal Takes Flight To Philadelphia Again

Last week I was in our nation's capital handling TPOCC board business, and this week it's a flight via Chicago Midway to the City of Brotherly Love and Sisterly Affection.

The Air Marshal's final destination is  Philadelphia to take part in the 2015 edition of the LGBT Media Journalists Convening.

I'm so looking forward to spending some quality time with my friends in the LGBT media world and getting my learn on at this 6th annual event that builds capacity in our media ranks and gives us an opportunity to get a much deeper understanding about issues that affect the LGBT community..

 I also owe John Becker a milestone birthday hug and one to Faith Cheltenham on Saturday after  I arrive after .  I also love the fact our hotel has complementary WiFi.

Another thing on the agenda for this trip is finding some time while I'm there to get a good cheesesteak, and I'm not talking about Pat's or Geno's either.

I go get mine where native Philadelphians tread.

If it  doesn't happen this time, I might get the opportunity to do so when the Philly Trans Health Conference happens this June.

If you wish to follow the action, many of us will be blogging or live tweeting it.  #LGBTMedia15 is our hashtag for this year's event

See y'all in a few hours Philly,

No comments: