Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Introducing Faiza

I wrote a post a few days ago in which I asked the question, where are the positive Black Brazilian transpeople?

Well, ask and ye shall receive. Gina sent me the link to Dr. Lynn Conway's (love her) TS Successes website (although it's noticeably thin on African American transpeeps) that featured Faiza's story.

She's a woman after my own heart as a TK (teacher's kid). She's an English teacher in Brazil and I'm looking forward to one day getting to know her.

3 comments:

Dennis R. Upkins said...

It gives me hope that other countries don't share our bigotry and hangups (or at least not as much).

It also angers me that we seem to be hellbent on being bass-ackwards in social progress.

Monica Roberts said...

We allowed the Right wing fundies to call the bassackwards march for far too long.

Now the grownups are back in charge.

PinayTG said...

This is wonderful Monica! I'm so happy there are Faizas in the world. Snaps for Faiza!