Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Happy Birthday Jordana!

Today happens to be the birthday of my musically gifted little sis from another mother and the reason this blog exists in Jordana LeSesne.

And you know she's getting the TransGriot birthday shout out!

I've told the story every TransGriot blogiversary about how she pushed me to set a date to start the blog until I did so on January 1, 2006.    She was also in the room in Philly when I received my IFGE Trinity award a few weeks later..

There have also been some long, thoughtful intergenerational conversations in which I've learned much from her.    She also makes sure when we're debating different subjects that I stay on point  and don't ever slip into 'lazy thought' mode.

That's an invaluable skill to have when you have 3 minutes to talk to a legislator

And best of all, my gorgeous Little Sis isn't afraid to call my azz out when I need it.  

So happy birthday Jordana!   I know my life is much better with you in it, and I hope this year and subsequent ones are filled with abundant blessings for you.

No comments: