Monday, October 19, 2009

Villager's Black Blog Rankings Are No More

The hot summer weather has eased into fall and cooler days. Football season at the high school, college and pro levels is in full swing and Halloween is coming

But unfortunately there will be no more posts in November and beyond on TransGriot tracking my progress up the BBR's.

Due to changes in the Technorati rankings that the Villager used as the basis for the BBR's, he's made the painful decision to shut down the Black Blog Rankings.

As I've stated in many of those BBR posts, I not only looked forward to those monthly rankings, it was one of the things I used to measure my progress in growing TransGriot.

In some cases it motivated me to push my blog to even greater heights.

I was so pissed about my tie with Bossip being broken and getting bumped out of the top 25 BBR blogs that it inspired a new burst of activity and a goal to be permanently ensconced in the BBR Top 25.

Be careful what you wish for, you just may get it.

As of the October 3 compilation date, I am back in the BBR's Top 25 at number 24 with an 88 old school Technorati ranking.

Under the new Technorati rankings I have a ranking of 592.

And yes Renee, Womanist Musings is still in the Top 10 BBR blogs at Number 8.

And what is our number one BBR ranked blog? All together now gang, Pam's House Blend!

But my joy is tempered by the fact that unless Villager changes his mind about it, I'm permanently ensconced in the BBR Top 25.

I set a goal to get a repeat nomination for Best GLBT Blog in the upcoming 2009 Weblog Awards as well. If I get another finalist nod, I want to do better than the 9th place I got voting wise last year.

I understand why Villager made the decision, it's just saddens me to know that I won't see the BBR's pop up by the 8th of the month anymore.

I thank the Village for putting together the BBR's in the first place, and hopefully someone else will come up with a system just as good or better that will rank Black blogs and give them and the Blackosphere the attention that they need.

No comments: