Monday, October 26, 2009

One Speech Down, Another To Go

Now that a week has passed since I visited the Bryn Mawr campus, my attention is now focused on the speech I'm presently compiling. I've been graciously invited to deliver remarks for a Transgender Day of Remembrance event on Long Island.

This will be the third speech I've given at a TDOR event and as of yet haven't been invited to give one back home or in the birth state (hint, hint).

But when I do get those opportunities, one of the things I take into account when I'm compiling these speeches is why we're gathered there in the first place.

The Byrd-Shepard Hate Crimes bill will have been on the books for a few weeks by the time I stand up at the podium to deliver this next speech, but our work toward achieving full equality for transgender Americans will not be complete.

That sadly will be an ongoing but necessary project.

Looking forward to seeing you folks in Long Island on November 22.

No comments: