Monday, July 11, 2011

Katy Perry, We Need To Talk

How I loathe these pop tarts like Ke$ha and Katy Perry who claim to be hip and cool trans allies but are so full of fail

Once again Katy Perry has opened her mouth and put her pump in it when it comes to trans people.  

From the latest edition of Rolling Stone:

“I wasn’t pissed,” she says. “I mean, I can’t be a full tranny every day of the week. That’s an exaggerated part of my personality. It’s me hamming it up. The exterior me is a little bit more smiley than the interior me. So, that picture, it just shows that I’m a normal, everyday woman who has really big dreams. It gives encouragement to any girls out there that they, too, can be a larger-than-life cartoon.”

You already pissed off the transmen last year with the following tweet and a pic mocking their bodies and GLAAD had to call you on your BS.. 



Katy Perry is a prime example of people inside of this rainbow community (she's bi)  who claim they are allies but are clueless and downright phobic about the lives of the other sectors of the community.  

And no, just because you are or claim to be a member of the TBLG doesn't mean you get a pass on that crap.  If I'm calling cis people out and my own African descended peeps on this blog for their screw ups, you're gonna get it, too

Her 'full tranny ever day of the week' comment is not only an insulting slur, it ignorantly trivializes our lives.  Your wallowing in vanilla scented privileged behind wouldn't last five minutes dealing with the world that transwomen have to navigate, much less last five seconds navigating the world that transwomen of color struggle with every day.

It also shows you not only need to get your Trans 101 on with the quickness, but engage in an intensive remedial education class on trans issues with your fellow pop tarts.


1 comment:

mm said...

Huh? Katy Perry is bi? I would have figured from her song that's so biphobic that I thought it was sarcastic that she's anything but.