Thursday, July 14, 2011

Justice For Taysia And Michael

I've been on a mission to do a better job of updating you TransGriot readers about the things I talk about in these electronic pages.  I'm not only doing it for y'all, I also want to know what happened in many of these trans murders and issues I discuss here and how they were resolved.   

One of those cases I talked about was the double murder of Taysia Elzy and her boyfriend Michael Hunt, who were found dead in their Broad Ripple, IN home on December 28, 2008.    It was another case in which I went straight the hell off about jacked up reporting and misgendering of Taysia. 

Then 20 year old Christopher Conwell was arrested for the crimes and was tried and convicted in June 2010 by a Marion County Superior Court jury for the multiple slayings.   He was facing 131 years in prison but was sentenced one year ago today to 55 years each for the murders of Elzy and Hunt with both sentences to be served concurrently.

Translation: Conwell got 110 years in prison    He tried to appeal it but the original verdict was upheld

Justice was served in Taysia and Michael's case.   It doesn't bring them back, but we do have the satisfaction of knowing that their killer is occupying an Indiana state prison jail cell. . 


No comments: