Monday, July 11, 2011

'Dallas' Is Coming Back On The Air in 2012!

Back in the day, one of my fave shows was Dallas, which ran on CBS from 1978-1991.   On Friday nights you couldn't pull me away from the TV to do anything else for that hour the show  was on because like everyone else in the country, I was watching the hijinks, sexcapades and shenanigans of the Ewing clan and one John Ross Ewing, Jr

At one point Dallas was so popular, especially when the Season 3 'Who Shot JR?' episodes were on in the fall of 1980, there was one night I had to take my brother to one of his high school football games at Barnett Stadium since he was in the band and I carried my portable TV with me.  

I wasn't alone because there were twenty other people that night at Barnett Stadium on both sides of it doing the exact same thing, and I had a cluster of people watching Dallas with me instead of the first and second quarter gridiron exploits of the Ross S. Sterling Raiders.

Anyway, thanks to TNT, Dallas is coming back on the air with ten episodes in the summer of 2012, and it will have original starts Larry Hagman, Linda Gray and Patrick Duffy in it with new school stars including Brenda Strong, Josh Henderson, Jesse Metcalfe  from Desperate Housewives and Jordana Brewster.

Dallas 2.0 will be picking up where it left off concerning the happenings at the Southfork Ranch and Ewing Oil Company.   It will be following the exploits of J.R.and Sue Ellen's son John Ross Ewing III and Pam and Bobby's adopted son Christopher Ewing.

I'm hoping they bring Victoria Principal in to reprise her role as Pamela Ewing and clear up once and for all what happened to her, and from what I'm hearing right now Steve Kanaly (Ray Krebbs) and Charlene Tilton (Lucy Ewing) will be back to reprise their roles as well.   They're adding two new characters to this mix in Elena (Jordana Brewster) and Carmen Ramos..    

And wonder how they're going to tweak that class Dallas theme song?    TNT is definitely going to have to change some of the shots in it considering the Dallas skyline has radically changed since the show went off the air and Texas Stadium is a parking lot now.

Speak peeks of the new version of Dallas will occur tonight during the season premiere of The Closer, which airs at 9 PM EDT/8 PM CDT, and during Rizzoli & Isles which hits the small screen at 10 PM EDT/9 PM CDT.


But looking forward to seeing the pilot and the rebooted Dallas when it finally hits the air.

No comments: