Sunday, July 31, 2016

Rev Dr William Barber's DNC 2016 Speech

Another one of the outstanding speeches of this just concluded DNC convention in Philly was delivered by a man that I had the pleasure of meeting while I was living in Louisville, and got reconnected with him during the 2015 LGBT Media Journalists Convening when he was our keynote speaker for the event.

I'm talking about the Rev Dr. William Barber II, the president of the North Carolina NAACP and a fierce social justice warrior.  Thursday night America got to witness what many of us who have had the opportunity to hear him speak already know.  This is a man who is an unapologetic truth teller who has no problem speaking truth to power and tellin' it like it T-I-S is.

I was handling some TTNS business and unfortunately missed it live, but when I found out he had spoken to the DNC, when I got some downtime I checked it out.

Here's Dr. Barber's DNC speech for those of you who missed it.




No comments: