Thursday, July 28, 2016

Headed To Killeen, TX For The TTNS

Today begins three consecutive weeks of travel for events that will see me going to Killeen, TX for the 8th annual Texas Transgender Nondiscrimination Summit as its  keynote speaker and to teach a Texas Trans 101 seminar, Washington DC for the joint NABJ-NAHJ convention, August 3-7 and to Chautauqua, NY for an August 11 interview with Janet Mock from their historic amphitheater stage as part of their Pushing Our Bodies Limits summer lecture series.

But before I pile up the frequent flyer miles, it's off to central Texas by Greyhound via Austin to my final destination of Killeen and the Texas A&M -Central Texas campus in the shadow of Fort Hood for the TTNS.

And yep, already enrolled in Greyhound's frequent mileage program.

This is the eighth annual edition of the TTNS, and when i step on campus it will officially be the  seventh consecutive TTNS I have attended.   This one is special because it will be my first TTNS I get the honor and opportunity to deliver a keynote address for it, and I'm excited about that.

I'm also looking forward to seeing old and new friends on the Texas A&M Central Texas campus for this growing  conference, and see y'all in a few hours..


No comments: