Friday, August 24, 2012

Leaving On A Jet Plane-To New York

Seems like I just wrote one of these posts last week at the start of my weekend trip to Charlotte for the just concluded TransFaith In Color Conference.

This time I'm headed to New York for the GLAAD National POC Media Institute that will start tomorrow and runs through August 26. 

Thinking about keeping a diary for this one, even though this is going to be a whirlwind trip and as of yet much of my writing in it might be in the HOU and MDW airports and on the flights up to New York and back to Houston..

It's the first time I've been in New York City since May 2000.  That vacation trip ended up with me having an unexpected but pleasant meeting with Sylvia Rivera. .  

And Mayhem, if you're reading this post, I discovered my New York hotel is within walking distance of several Tim Horton's locations so I'll finally get a chance to sample Timmy's fare and see if it's all that as several bags of ketchup flavored chips.

While I'm there I'm going to try and catch up with my New York area homegirls.once I'm finished with my GLAAD business.  

Well New Yorkers, you've wanted Moni to come to the Big Apple for awhile now.   You're about to get your wish.  See y'all in a few hours.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to learning more about your trip.yadi