Saturday, September 03, 2011

Houston Po-Po's Behave Badly With African-American Trans Woman

How many times do I have to say it and have it be proven on a depressingly regular basis? 

When it comes to transwomen of color, Officer Friendly ain't so friendly to us.

A week has barely passed since the serious incident in northwest Washington DC in which three transwomen got shot at by an off duty MPD cop.   A transphobic security guard triggered an incident last November that resulted in an HPD officer arresting transwoman Tyjanae Moore who simply used the gender presentation appropriate bathroom at the Houston Public Library.

Now the Houston Police Department is in the news again for jacking with another African American transwoman.




Mica Green was at a southeast Houston Wells Fargo bank investigating a possible case of fraud involving a senior citizen she was caring for when she ran into two less than friendly Houston po-po's.

"Someone had tried to cash a check in her name so they notified us and we rushed here to speak with the police officers that were investigating it," Green said to Fox 26 news.

According to the Isiah Carey reported story, the encounter with two HPD officers in the bank managers office turned less than civil.

"...told me to get out and I was explaining to him that my patient is dementia, 78 years old and I was her power of attorney and he still told me to get out and I refused to leave my patient alone and he then grabbed my arm and pushed me into the bank managers door and shoved me out of the bank," she said.

The confrontation with the transphobic cops got worse from there.  Green says they uttered transphobic slurs at her, left her with bruises and scratches and the HPD po-po's eventually arrested her for loud noise.  

Really?   

"I had plenty of witness that they were calling me he-she this and he-she that and the sergeant said that he had plenty of other things to be doing in this hundred degree weather than out here."

Green has filed a complaint with the HPD Internal Affairs Division

Will keep y'all posted on what's happening in this case.

No comments: