Friday, May 05, 2017

Thank You For A Fab 55th Birthday!

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling
Just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone here in Houston, Texas and around the world who played a role in making my 55th birthday a special one.

Even the H-town weather cooperated to make Cuatro de Mayo  a special day.  Blue skies, low humidity and temps in the low 70's.  A perfect Houston Chamber of Commerce weather day.

Image result for Monica 55 cake
I know many of you wanted to be at the surprise party but couldn't because of your work schedules. so maybe it's time for me to actually plan a birthday party for next time.

I have 365 days until the next one, so maybe next year since it's on a Friday I'll actually get to throw a 70's themed (or whatever i come up with)  party with music and alcohol from the 70's through the 90's .

I am feeling a Bartles and Jaymes wine cooler today.  Wonder if they have that retro alcohol at Spec's?

But once again it was all of you peeps in my life who made this day special.  Whether it was my blood family, my chosen family, my fam in Da Ville, my BTAC one, my CAL-UA one, my classmates or the activist one, you made sure you let me know early and often starting with my international fam on the 3rd y'all were thinking about me.

I can't thank you enough for taking the time out of your busy lives to shower me with appreciation and love.

Whether it was the surprise birthday party at Pride Photos with Eric, Januari, Lou, Jessica, Erika, Crimson and Audrey, dinner at El Tiempo with Dee Dee and Kandice, or the hundreds of messages, texts, phone calls (that are still coming in as I write this) , once again I deeply appreciate everything that you did personally to show me some love.


Image may contain: 2 people, people sitting, people standing, hat and night

Until my next Cuatro de Mayo celebration.

No comments: